The Ambassador Theatre was opened in 1921 by the Shuberts. It is uniquely designed diagonally to fit a maximum number of patrons.
The theater was sold in 1935, and used as a movie theater and a TV studio for 20 years. In 1956 the Shuberts bought the theater back, and it has since remained a legitimate theater under the organization’s ownership.
219 W 49th St
New York, NY, 10036