The Belasco Theatre (originally the Stuyvesant Theatre) opened in 1907 as a venue for the famed producer, director and impresario David Belasco. In 1910, Belasco attached his name to the theatre, which featured ornate Tiffany lighting and ceiling panels, rich woodwork, expansive murals and a ten-room duplex penthouse apartment that Belasco utilized as combination living quarters/office space.
The theatre was outfitted with the most advanced stagecraft tools available including extensive lighting rigs, a hydraulics system, and vast wing and fly space. It was purchased by the Shuberts in 1948. The Belasco was momentarily leased to NBC but soon returned to a legitimate theater space.
111 W 44th St
New York, NY 10036