Neil Simon Theatre
Opened in 1927, the Neil Simon Theatre was originally named The Alvin. After the tragedy of the Great Depression, the theatre was handed over to CBS to be used as a radio studio. CBS gave up its tenancy in the mid-1940s, and the theatre began again to be used for its original purpose.
In 1975 the theatre was purchased by The Shubert Organization. In 1983 it was renamed after the famous playwright Neil Simon. The theatre is currently owned by the Nederlander Organization.
250 W 52nd St
New York, NY 10036