Walter Kerr Theatre
The Walter Kerr Theatre was originally opened in 1921 as The Ritz, and was intended to be a sister theater to The Ambassador Theatre.
CBS and ABC used the theatre to record radio and TV programs beginning in 1939. The theatre was converted to a movie theater in the 1970s but was restored to legitimacy in 1983. In 1990 millions were spent by its current owners, Jujamcyn Theatre, to restore this historic theatre. The Walter Kerr has housed successful runs ever since.
219 W 48th St
New York, NY 10036